A Memorable Introduction to Old Madrid
If you are not sure what tour to take, our Morning Stroll may be your best bet. Each tour is a little different, but with so may interesting sites to see and stories to hear, you will not be disappointed.
We start in the Puerta del Sol at 11am and our stroll takes us to the quaint Plaza Santa Ana; a stop at the city´s oldest pastry shop circa 1830, then on through the the old quarter as we learn of stories from a blend of our Theme Tours. There are three stops at some of our favourite taverns for refreshments. A wonderful opportunity to get to know a brief history of the city ending at 2pm or later.
This is an extended tour
95 € per person, minimum 2 people
95 € each additional
Family & group prices upon request.
Two adult couples and a two year old went on a walking tour of Madrid in the late morning with Historian Drake-Jones. He was very flexible about having the baby along, and we spent a lovely morning and afternoon with him. Highlights included special fans from a historical fan shop in the Plaza del Sol, tapas and wine from the building where Ernest Hemingway saw the Spanish Civil War unfolding, and the insider scoop on Madrid history from a local. Thanks again, Sir! Until next time.
All tours include
- Stops for drinks and tapas
- Membership in the Wellington Society of Madrid
Membership benefits include:
- Our nifty membership cards
- Help in arranging your travel through Spain
- Help line on the Chairman’s cell phone (+34 609 14 32 03), 8 am to midnight 7 days a week
- Recommended restaurants featuring specific regional foods such as paella, roast lamb, rabo del toro, and vegetarian cuisine in Madrid and in Central Spain.
- Expert advice on interesting Spanish wines to buy, generally unavailable outside the country.
Madrid Walking Tours
The Morning Stroll
UPRISING! Madrid & The 2nd of May 1808
Curiosities & Anecdotes of Old Madrid
Old Madrid Underground
Bloody Madrid-500 Years of Murder Most Foul
The Hapsburgs Are Coming!
George Borrow’s Madrid of 1836