Contrary to popular belief spirits do come out during the day and we start our tour at noon! Stools knocked over by a bricked up arch-way where liberals once secretly met when planning to overthrow the Absolutist monarch in 1820. Wine caves dating from 1784 where lights flicker and doors bang. A sealed up door where angry spirts still come and go shouting and cursing! A dark hide-out where Jesuits lived in fear of being caught by the Republican secret police during the Civil War, 1936. Plus much more to discover of this most singular walking tour.
125€ per person, minimum 2 people
65 € for each teenager
Family & group prices upon reques
The tour is 4 hours and includes all drinks and tapas.
All tours include
- Stops for drinks and tapas
- Membership in the Wellington Society of Madrid
Membership benefits include:
- Our nifty membership cards
- Help in arranging your travel through Spain
- Help line on the Chairman’s cell phone (+34 609 14 32 03), 8 am to midnight 7 days a week
- Recommended restaurants featuring specific regional foods such as paella, roast lamb, rabo del toro, and vegetarian cuisine in Madrid and in Central Spain.
- Expert advice on interesting Spanish wines to buy, generally unavailable outside the country.
Madrid Walking Tours
The Morning Stroll
UPRISING! Madrid & The 2nd of May 1808
Curiosities & Anecdotes of Old Madrid
Old Madrid Underground
Bloody Madrid-500 Years of Murder Most Foul
The Hapsburgs Are Coming!
George Borrow’s Madrid of 1836