Join Stephen for a tasting of wines of Spain’s many wine regions from Rioja and Ribera del Duero to the smaller less known denominations of origin, in the some of our favorite wine bars hidden in Old Madrid.
Learn about the wine
Learn about what the labels on the bottles have to say and which wines to choose from a menu, while we enjoy delicious tapas of cured hams, creamy and crumbly Spanish cheeses, pates, empanadas and homemade quiche.
The Wellington Society offers a superb chance for wine aficionados (and those who are just out for a delightful time) to learn about Spanish wines. We will also share our knowledge of those wines we highly recommended to take back home from the rows upon rows neatly stacked in these taverns we visit. You will get expert advice from Stephen’s knowledge of the many wine regions, helpful hints on excellent wine years and which wineries to look out for. This is a unique tour through Old Madrid.
125 € per person, minimum 2 people
Solo, family & group prices upon request.
Tours normally take place from noon – 3:30pm
All tours include
- Stops for drinks and tapas
- Membership in the Wellington Society of Madrid
Membership benefits include:
- Our nifty membership cards
- Help in arranging your travel through Spain
- Help line on the Chairman’s cell phone (+34 609 14 32 03), 8 am to midnight 7 days a week
- Recommended restaurants featuring specific regional foods such as paella, roast lamb, rabo del toro, and vegetarian cuisine in Madrid and in Central Spain.
- Expert advice on interesting Spanish wines to buy, generally unavailable outside the country.
Madrid Walking Tours
- The Morning Stroll
- BOURBON DEBAUCHERY!
- Haunted Madid
- UPRISING! Madrid & The 2nd of May 1808
- Curiosities & Anecdotes of Old Madrid
- Old Madrid Underground
- Bloody Madrid-500 Years of Murder Most Foul
- The Hapsburgs Are Coming!
- George Borrow’s Madrid of 1836
- Hemingway’s Madrid
- Madrid During the Civil War
- Death In The Afternoon
- Discovering Spanish Wine
- Art History at the Prado, Modern Arts and Select Other Museums.
- Goya’s Madrid
- Bullfight Play by Play