This is indeed a singular tour which we offer during the day when shops and a very unusual museum are open.
You will hear many amusing stories and anecdotes and some not so amusing tales in the ghostly cellars of a Hapsburg house!
You visit a 1,000 year old well where a miracle was performed by Madrid´s Patron Saint.
We marvel at a button shop right out of a Charles Dickens story, see the horns of a fighting bull which roamed Castile 300,000 years ago, look down on a diorama of a 17th century Madrid, then step into a pastry shop dated 1830 for a choice of tasty cakes
And, of course, no Wellington Society Tour would be complete with a stop or two for refreshments at some of our favourite taverns in the old quarter.
100 € per person, minimum 2 people
100 € each additional
Solo, family & group prices upon request.
All tours include
- Stops for drinks and tapas
- Membership in the Wellington Society of Madrid
Membership benefits include:
- Our nifty membership cards
- Help in arranging your travel through Spain
- Help line on the Chairman’s cell phone (+34 609 14 32 03), 8 am to midnight 7 days a week
- Recommended restaurants featuring specific regional foods such as paella, roast lamb, rabo del toro, and vegetarian cuisine in Madrid and in Central Spain.
- Expert advice on interesting Spanish wines to buy, generally unavailable outside the country.
Madrid Walking Tours
- The Morning Stroll
- BOURBON DEBAUCHERY!
- Haunted Madid
- UPRISING! Madrid & The 2nd of May 1808
- Curiosities & Anecdotes of Old Madrid
- Old Madrid Underground
- Bloody Madrid-500 Years of Murder Most Foul
- The Hapsburgs Are Coming!
- George Borrow’s Madrid of 1836
- Hemingway’s Madrid
- Madrid During the Civil War
- Death In The Afternoon
- Discovering Spanish Wine
- Art History at the Prado, Modern Arts and Select Other Museums.
- Goya’s Madrid