This is indeed a singular tour which we offer during the day when shops and a very unusual museum are open.
You will hear many amusing stories and anecdotes and some not so amusing tales in the ghostly cellars of a Hapsburg house!
You visit a 1,000 year old well where a miracle was performed by Madrid´s Patron Saint.
We marvel at a button shop right out of a Charles Dickens story, see the horns of a fighting bull which roamed Castile 300,000 years ago, look down on a diorama of a 17th century Madrid, then step into a pastry shop dated 1830 for a choice of tasty cakes
And, of course, no Wellington Society Tour would be complete with a stop or two for refreshments at some of our favourite taverns in the old quarter.
95 € per person, minimum 2 people
95 € each additional
Family & group prices upon request.
All tours include
- Stops for drinks and tapas
- Membership in the Wellington Society of Madrid
Membership benefits include:
- Our nifty membership cards
- Help in arranging your travel through Spain
- Help line on the Chairman’s cell phone (+34 609 14 32 03), 8 am to midnight 7 days a week
- Recommended restaurants featuring specific regional foods such as paella, roast lamb, rabo del toro, and vegetarian cuisine in Madrid and in Central Spain.
- Expert advice on interesting Spanish wines to buy, generally unavailable outside the country.
Madrid Walking Tours
The Morning Stroll
UPRISING! Madrid & The 2nd of May 1808
Curiosities & Anecdotes of Old Madrid
Old Madrid Underground
Bloody Madrid-500 Years of Murder Most Foul
The Hapsburgs Are Coming!
George Borrow’s Madrid of 1836