500 Years of Murder Most Foul
Dear Wellingtonian Traveler,
Welcome to our BLOODY MADRID tour through Old Madrid. Do please prepare yourself for what awaits us down dark, narrow streets. We shall be stopping at the very sites where murder most foul took place. Oh, yes. Always keep in mind that the Spirits of the departed will be watching us!
In 1622, the Count of Villa-Mediana had gained a reputation as a ‘Lady Killer’ (no pun intended!). His indiscretions led to a list of jealous noblemen claiming he had seduced their wives. As the Count was returning home after dark, from an archway leading to the Church of San Gines, there darted a cloaked figure………
The Prime Minister, Don Jose Canalejas gunned down by an anarchists outside a bookshop in the city center on a chilly November morning in 1912, with only a semi hidden plaque to remind us of this murderous deed. The photo is of an actor recreating the assassination the following day!
On the Royal Wedding Day in Madrid in 1906, who was that leaning over a fifth floor balcony intent on killing both king & Queen?
Much, much more in store as we make our bloody way through Old Madrid!
95 € per person, minimum 2 people
95 € each additional
Family & group prices upon request.O
All tours include
- Stops for drinks and tapas
- Membership in the Wellington Society of Madrid
Membership benefits include:
- Our nifty membership cards
- Help in arranging your travel through Spain
- Help line on the Chairman’s cell phone (+34 609 14 32 03), 8 am to midnight 7 days a week
- Recommended restaurants featuring specific regional foods such as paella, roast lamb, rabo del toro, and vegetarian cuisine in Madrid and in Central Spain.
- Expert advice on interesting Spanish wines to buy, generally unavailable outside the country.
Madrid Walking Tours
- The Morning Stroll
- Haunted Madid
- UPRISING! Madrid & The 2nd of May 1808
- Curiosities & Anecdotes of Old Madrid
- Old Madrid Underground
- Bloody Madrid-500 Years of Murder Most Foul
- The Hapsburgs Are Coming!
- George Borrow’s Madrid of 1836
- Hemingway’s Madrid
- Madrid During the Civil War
- Death In The Afternoon
- Discovering Spanish Wine
- Art History at the Prado, Modern Arts and Select Other Museums.
- Goya’s Madrid
- Bullfight Play by Play