The Wellington Society was founded by Stephen Drake-Jones in 1979. It is dedicated to research, education and other cultural activities concerning the Peninsular Campaign of Arthur Wellesely, Duke of Wellington.
Taking a tour with us includes a 1 year membership in the Wellington Society of Madrid. Beside getting one of our nifty membership cards, Your membership also are entitled to our one of a kind benefits.
- Help in arranging your travel through Spain
- Help line on the Chairman’s cell phone (+34 609 14 32 03), 8 am to midnight 7 days a week.
- Recommended restaurants featuring specific regional foods such as paella, roast lamb, rabo del toro, and vegetarian cuisine in Madrid and in Central Spain.
- Expert advice on interesting Spanish wines to buy, generally unavailable outside the country.
The following are patrons of the Society: The Society wishes to express its gratitude for their many contributions.
- The Duke of Wellington (also Duke of Cuidad Rodrigo, Viscount of Talavera and Grandee of Spain)
- Barones Von Muffling descendant of Baron Von Muffling of Waterloo
- Marques de Hermosilla de España
- Gil Chander, wife of the late David Chandler of Sandhurst
- Colin Burgon, MP, Houses of Parliament, London
- H.R.H. Princess Sophie Audouin-Mamikonian
- John Reid British Minister & member of Parliament
- Don Alvaro Melendez Teodoro, Officer & Military Historian. Spanish Army
- Don Thomas Burns Marañon, Spanish Writer